This voice and text-interactive workshop will talk about the protagonist of a dramatic narrative. Topics covered include:
- Characteristics of an Effective Protagonist
- Common Problems with Protagonists and How to Solve Them
- Examples of Effective Protagonists: What Can We Learn from Them?
- The Psychic Relationship between the Playwright and the Protagonist
- The Protagonist and the Supporting Characters
This 90-minute session will present some concepts of play development and ask the participants to apply to a story they are developing. Breakout sessions will allow participants to share ideas with one or two other participants and get feedback.
Participants should leave the session with a clearer idea of how to develop a new or improve an existing protagonist.