This voice and text-interactive workshop will talk about the seven basic plots identified by Christopher Booker in his book and how they apply to developing a dramatic narrative. Topics covered include:
- The Seven Basic Plots: What Are They?
- Popular Examples
- The Formula that Underlies the Plots
- Applying to Formula to an Idea in Development
- Which Plot Is Yours? Finding Meaning in the Plots for your Own Life.
- This 90-minute session will present some concepts of play development and ask the participants to apply to a story they are developing. Breakout sessions will allow participants to share ideas with one or two other participants and get feedback.
Participants should leave the session with a understanding of how the seven basic plots can be used as a tool to develop a plot for their own play and a path forward for an idea they are working on.